Friday, February 12, 2010

Tilapia fillets with green onions

so, I've made tilapia before, but I wasn't really very fond of it UNTIL THE LAST TIME. I thought I would share my discovery. It's good stuff!...and pretty simple too. I served this with fried red potatoes and salad. (This recipe serves about 3 people)

Ingredients:
5 tilapia fillets
3 or 4 tablespoons of butter (not oil)
2 green onions
2 tablespoons minced garlic (not powder)
enough flour to coat
2 tablespoons greek seasoning (I used Cavender's, but you can use any favorite spices)

Method:

heat large skillet to medium heat. add half of the butter and let it melt. Add chopped green onions and garlic. While onions are getting tender, mix flour and seasoning together in a bowl. Then, rub mixture onto both sides of partially thawed tilapia fillets (completely thawed fillets will fall apart). Add tilapia to hot skillet, making sure to add enough butter to keep from sticking (leave onions and garlic in skillet). Fry fillets for about 3 minutes on each side, being careful not to let them fall apart (cooking time may vary). Tilapia is cooked when completely white throughout.
Note:
I had to continually add more butter to the pan to avoid sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment